Tuesday, January 19, 2016

3 WIPs - Cross stitch, Patchwork and Knitting

Hello my blogging friends,

Thank you to those of you who have been leaving such lovely comments on my blog posts, they are all very much appreciated!

Currently I have been replying to all comments by email, although I prefer to reply here on the relevant page!  However, I appreciate that many who comment have a lot more followers than I, and consequently don't have time to return to each of the blogs that you have commented on looking for replies. I trust that by my replying directly via email it will assist you.

Warning to "No Reply bloggers" - Are you aware of this problem:

Being a relatively new blogger, I've only recently discovered the problem with "No Reply" bloggers - in that I have been replying to lots of you by email but hadn't spotted that when I press the reply button on the "comment generated" email I need to check the address below the space where the reply message is typed - and that's when I discovered the person I had been trying to contact hasn't been receiving any of my emails, and that is simply because they are set up as "No Reply" bloggers! It's such a shame because if you are set up as a "No Reply" blogger you won't ever know what lovely things people have written about your work and have tried to tell you, as you simply won't be receiving the emails!

**********

These are 3 WIPs (Works in Progress) which I am hoping to finish by early March, in time for my handicraft group's triennial exhibition! If I can finish these sooner, maybe I can turn to some of the many other hidden away projects that are calling to me!

1. Cocoa Sampler:

 Progressing slowly!
Cocoa Sampler update.
I have been stitching
at the bottom right hand corner.

Slow progress!
A little slow stitching!
Unfortunately I cannot find some of  threads I need..... but I know they are here somewhere! I guess I will just have to stitch a different section until I find them!

2. Mini Thread Catcher 

Maybe I should rename this, as it is becoming more of a mini needlecase!

2. Mini Needlecase: 
Fabric choices for lining and pockets.
Deciding what fabrics to use for lining and pockets
Pockets and handles on Mini Needlecase.
Pockets and handles in progress.

3. Latest knitting project:

A waistcoat to be! I'm quite excited about this as it is quick to knit and growing fast! (When I get time to knit it that is!)

Back of waistcoat.
 I didn't get a chance to show this last week!

Back of waistcoat, almost finished!
I've stopped knitting the Back so I can
 knit the fronts,to make sure
 I have enough wool to finish.. 

First front, well on the way!
Excuse the shadowy photo!
Here is the first front piece.
Since taking these photos of my knitting I have almost finished the first front, but I don't have a photo yet! I hope to have a lot more done by my next posting.

**********

No doubt many of you will have seen: The Splendid Sampler organised by Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson. Sorry no flash button here, as I have forgotten how to add them! Perhaps one of my lovely readers could remind me?

It's going to be a year long SAL, 100 block quilting adventure, starting on Valentine's Day.

Looks like fun, although I'm not sure how far I will keep up with them, but I have joined up!  Are you joining in?

**********

I thank you for taking the time to visit me today. Do call again, some time soon!

And don't forget if you leave me a comment I will be able to visit you too!

Today I am linking to Super-Mom No Cape's Stitchery Party, and Design Board Monday at Bits 'n' Bobs. Why not pop over to see what everyone else is stitching!

Until next time, have a great week!

Hugs!

Barbara xx

15 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Can't wait to see the latest needlecase! Not that I have any sort of obsession or anything. No, not moi.

Tracy said...

I've just joined the SAL. Thanks for the link. I have glasses now (just yesterday they arrived) and already my stitching life is easier. Hooray.

Cath said...

Hello Barbara....thank you so much for joining in with Bits'n Bobs for Design Board Monday! I absolutely love the cross stitch sampler you are doing...its going to be stunning when finished. I get you over the no reply blogging thing! It is the bane of my existence right now as I have so many comments to reply to but my system does not warn me so my replies are probably just floating around in cyberspace! another issue is people commenting through their Google+ accounts.

Gillian said...

Your work is so beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished waistcoat.

Christine B said...

Some beautiful projects taking shape Barbara! I love that pretty little cross stitch.... hope you find your threads! I also love the needle case... it is looking so pretty... looking forward to seeing it finished! The waistcoat is looking lovely too! I can see you are going to be busy! Have a lovely day! Christine x

Kaisievic said...

Hi Barbara, love your Cocoa Sampler and both your needle case and waistcoat are looking lovely.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The sampler is looking great. The no-reply people are frustrating. I've gradually built up my email address book so I can manually add the address and reply that way.
Good luck with the new quilting SAL.

Josie said...

They all look wonderful but I think the needlecase is my favourite - I can't wait to see it finished!

Brigitte said...

Great progress on your Cocoa piece. And that needle case looks so interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.
The Splendid Sampler, a real temptation. I have to think about joining the group.

handmade by amalia said...

Three great projects, Barbara, looking forward to seeing them finished. It's good to have a deadline. I always find time for the fun parts of a project but not so much for the finishing touches. My pile of shame is growing.
Amalia
xo

Meari said...

Your WIPs look great!

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate responses via email, as I don't have to return to blog pages to see them.

Have a great evening!

eclectichomelife said...

You are being creative and have lots on the go Barbara Love the chunky yarn and quick knit you are making too

SuperMomNoCape said...

Oh I love your Cocoa Sampler! Two of my favorite things... an owl and a teddy bear!

I can't wait to see the Needlebook finished and the waistcoat to be.

Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for the link back. Aloha hugs!

Stitching Noni said...

Great WIP's you have there :o) Can't wait to see the waistcoat when it's finished.
Hugs xx

Sheryl said...

Love your Cocoa sampler, such pretty colours as of the knitting too. I think most bloggers set up their blogs correctly to receive replies but many don´t realize that every 33/34 days Google+ automatically reverts them to `no reply´ again, so you must check your settings every month... a real pain.